We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is looking for a Crop Manager - Almonds, who will lead the development of Yara North America crop specific solutions including R&D, crop programs, marketing content, training and support. Focus will be to add value to farmers and our customers, utilizing technical as well as commercial knowledge on a specific crops. The Crop Manager will work collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to support and provide leadership in the market access strategy across North America related to the crop.
To learn more about Yara, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK5v2P2ArM
- Work alongside sales and marketing organizations to define and develop the Yara crop nutrition solution and value proposition for specific crop segments
- Identify product, knowledge, and digital gaps
- Define and direct R&D programs to substantiate the value proposition to farmers
- Become the technical reference to the industry for specific crops
- Translate field crop data into simple and understandable unique selling propositions
- Work cross-functionally to lead the development and execution of crop marketing campaigns; lead the development of crop specific marketing content
- Proactively seek collaborative partnerships with food processing companies where applicable
- Provide seamless link to global R&D and crop managers
- Lead the deployment of digital tools as they apply to each crop
- Define Yara’s message at crop related events, be the spokesperson when needed
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or Ag related field. Master degree may be an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- 5 years working experience in commercial positions in similar industries, preferably with value added fertilizers exposure and digital tools experience.
- Market segmentation experience is a plus
- Experience in holding presentations to small or large audiences
- Hold strong crop knowledge (Almond), as well as market knowledge, and crop nutrition product knowledge
- Strong communication and influencing skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as digital tools, such as Twitter, and Facebook
- American citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Travelling required
- Hold valid driver's license