We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The unit Broad Acre Crops is part of Yara´s Crop Nutrition R&D. It carries out research to develop new crop nutrition programs which fit to the regional markets and enable both profitable and sustainable crop solutions. Successful developments of new crop nutrition programs rely on extensive testing of products in a range of environments and includes metadata analyses, in-depth understanding of crop growth and yield physiology and sound knowledge of soil and weather as main drivers of yield and crop production. The unit works in close collaboration with the R&D department for Application Tool and Service in Crop Nutrition R&D and with the global potato manager in Yara. Beside the research and development work, this unit supports the market and the implementation of new solutions by providing scientific data & facts and documenting their final performance in respect to profitability & sustainability.
- Focused work on potato research projects and market support in close collaboration with other units in Yara’s Crop Nutrition R&D and other departments in Yara and participate in research projects with external partners worldwide.
- For potato develop new ideas for improved nutrient and water management aiming at decision support solutions by compiling existing information to substantiate hypotheses and propose R&D projects and by organizing trial activities to validate hypotheses and document performance and delivering scientific reports and supportive information.
- M.Sc. in Agriculture or related sciences preferably with experience in research or having completed a PhD.
- Good knowledge in crop nutrition and agronomy of broad acreage crops, preferably with good knowledge of potato production systems and/or the value chain.
- Team worker, creative and open-minded with a cooperative working attitude and a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
The position temporary for 2 years. The hired candidate will report to the Head of Broad Acreage Crops and will be a valuable team member contributing to the execution of R&D activities for Yara with a solution-oriented and added value focus.