We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s Crop Nutrition R&D conducts research to develop new applications, tools and services to enable profitable and sustainable nutrition management for agricultural crops, from ideation to implementation. Remote Sensing, modelling of crop growth processes and the development of algorithms for improved nutrient management, to be used in Decision Support Systems for growers, are essential parts of this work, pursued in close cooperation with Yara’s Digital Farming Department.
- Be the permanent representative of Crop Nutrition R&D in Yara’s Digital Hub in Berlin, ensuring close collaboration and unconstrained information flow between the Digital Farming unit and Crop Nutrition R&D.
- Support the development and implementation of Digital Solutions by providing expertise in agronomy and crop nutrition and by channeling the information exchange between Solution Teams in Digital Farming, Crop Nutrition R&D and external experts and R&D institutions.
- Develop proposals and provide specifications of required R&D activities for solution development and actively contribute to resulting R&D projects.
- Support internal and external communication on decision support solutions.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams (comprising experts in agronomy, IT, business development, marketing, etc.) on digital solutions for knowledge sharing and decision support.
- Scientific degree in Agriculture or a closely related scientific discipline with minimum three years of experience in the area of crop advisory or decision support.
- Good knowledge in crop nutrition and agronomy of broad acreage crops, ideally with a thorough insight and experience of practical farming operations.
- High affinity to digital tools and services and good knowledge on data management & analysis.
- Team worker, creative and open-minded with a cooperative and solution-oriented working attitude, a sense of urgency and good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English; other languages being an asset.
The position is temporary, with an initial term of two years.