We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Senior Accountant works in the North America headquarters of a global industry leading company in downtown Tampa. The exciting opportunity to join the Controller’s team highly engaged in supporting the financial accounting and business operations for the region for Yara International. The Senior Accountant will be on the team accountable for financial reporting, accounting, planning and analysis, and business process improvement.
- Maintain an environment of internal control process for Yara North America entities.
- Accountable for Fixed Asset accounting and tracking of capital spending budgets.
- Develop standard operating procedures for maintaining key controls for financial reporting processes.
- Month-end closing to ensure transactions are accurately and timely prepared in accordance to GAAP.
- Provides financial reporting and analysis and cost controls including annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Complete Hyperion reporting schedules for monthly and year-end financial consolidation.
- Perform financial analysis in support of commercial and supply chain initiatives.
- Additional project management and assistance where suitable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of accounting experience
- Experience working with statutory requirements
- GAAP especially IFRS knowledge/experience
- A CPA candidate desirable
- High initiative and ability for managing multiple projects
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid planning and organizational orientation
- SAP required and Hyperion highly preferred. Advanced computer skills on Excel and MS Office, accounting software and databases
- American citizen or lawful permanent resident