We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Project Office is a part of the Production segment, located in different places with main location in Brussels. The unit manages a portfolio of projects of various size and complexity for Yara’s plants or other units - either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and provides technical support to the plants.
For our Procurement and Project Controls department we are looking for an Estimator.
The key aspect of this position is to prepare the overall cost estimates and supporting documents for the execution of large and complex projects in Yara in accordance with YPO management system and the Capital Value Process (CVP) at each Decision Gate (DG).
Support projects with estimating services (estimate preparation, presentation and documentation);
Utilize Yara’s cost methodology and tools by translating project scope into capital cost estimate;
Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis of cost estimates;
Perform cost risk assessment and probabilistic simulations to establish project contingency and project reserve;
Challenge the information originating from the engineering disciplines to ensure no scope is missed in the estimate;
Coordinate input from procurement and project management to ensure commercial and project execution strategy are properly considered in the cost estimate;
Review of estimates provided by internal and external sources;
Maintain tools historical cost data and benchmark to support capital projects;
- Develop estimating plans. Give input to Project Execution Plans;
Develop, maintain and improve procedures, early phase cost models and tools for Cost Estimating;
Contribute to maintain and optimize cost control tool;
- Support projects in establishing control estimates for efficient cost control during project execution;
Coach project team members within estimating best practices.
- Master Degree in Engineering in either industrial, process, mechanical or civil engineering;
- An additional education / degree in economics is an asset;
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience within project scheduling, project control project management, engineering, contracting or related activity in the chemical process industry;
- Advanced user of MS software; Primavera P6 and Risk Analysis, experience with SAP and Cleopatra Enterprise is an advantage;
- Willingness to travel in an international environment;
- Excellent analytical, communication and persuasion skills. Team player. Has to be able to work with strict deadlines. Solution driven approach;
- Fluency in English in reading and writing; additional language skills is an asset;
Location: Zaventem (Belgium) / Oslo (Norway).