We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Senior Process Engineer
A residential opportunity exists in Karratha, Western Australia for an experienced Senior Process Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with coordinators and other engineering disciplines to improve plant efficiency, reliability and logistic operations across Ammonia, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate Solution and Technical Ammonium Nitrate prilled plants.
Reporting to the Technical Services & Business Development Manager, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the plant engineers in the plant systems and equipment within design specification and technical procedures for Ammonia, Utility, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate Solution and Technical Ammonium Nitrate prilled plant
- Working closely with the production plant engineers in systematic follow-up of plant performance and efficiency.
- Assist Production team with analyzing production loss and providing technical instructions for optimizing plant performance and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting of TAN plant like identifying and listing principal cause of loss of production, identifying weakness in operation, process and equipment, RCPS and subsequently initiating corrective actions and processing any modifications.
- Initiating and process engineering design review of plant modification and new projects.
- Leading and participating in plant testing and commissioning activities where process engineering expertise is required.
- Contribute to Yara globally for engineering knowledge sharing and review of technical and operating standards (TOPS)
- Working with and leading a dynamic team of individuals to ensure compliance with various government initiatives such as Energy Efficiency Opportunities Program (EEO), National Greenhouse Emissions Reporting (NGER), National Pollutant Inventory (NPI), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, with Masters/Honors or equivalent is essential
- Engineers Australia (or other recognized engineering industry) membership is desirable
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a similar industry (Nitric Acid & Technical Ammonium Nitrate Plant);
- Knowledge in Nitric Acid & AN Plant operations and using plant design and simulation software is essential.
- Experience using SAP and plant design simulation software ASPEN is a distinct advantage Minimum 5 years demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Fluent written and verbal English is essential
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.
Please see more information on Yara International at www.yara.com.au