We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That's equivalent to the all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you'll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solutions for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team are made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create solutions and apps focused on our customers’ needs
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early stage rapid prototyping through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch
- Develop front end components of responsive web applications
- Actively participated in an agile setup to develop software in a team and you value pragmatic approaches, discussions, and knowledge sharing
- 5 years or more expertise in frontend development and advanced experience in react
- More than one year of experience in working in a startup environment, on site as a team member
- 3 years or more experience with modern, large scale software projects: source code control with git, APIs, cloud platforms, test driven development, continuous integration, documentation
- A broad understanding of concepts such as single page applications, user centric design and geospatial data visualization
- Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- The opportunity to shape an organization in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- An unlimited working contract and a very competitive remuneration
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.