We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That's equivalent to the all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you'll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solutions for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team are made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
In this context we are looking for a User Researcher (f/m) to collaborate with our Digital Lab in Berlin.
- Lead key research activities including international field studies, customer workshops, design sprints, survey design, and other forms of strategic, formative and evaluative research
- Translate research findings into actionable results
- Communicate research insights to stakeholders and team members effectively using a variety of methods (presentations, video, posters, etc.)
- Prepare, organize and execute user & customer research
- Independently handle research projects & own topical expertise
- Work with external research agencies
- Create solution-oriented visual deliverables and reports
- Communicate research results to product and management teams
- Design & run workshops with costumers
- Help to define user models and user interfaces for our products and features
- Conduct user research and usability tests to increase our understanding of our users
- Develop user journeys, mockups, wireframes, prototypes or whatever fits to create and evaluate our concepts, collaborating closely with our designers and product teams
- Communicate your findings and concepts while collaborating closely with our designers and product teams
- A Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Sciences, Communication, Marketing, Design or related experience
- 3+ years’ work experience in user research
- A mix of qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Superior English skills for both written and oral communication
- Interest in new technologies & products
- A strong ability to translate research findings into actionable insights
- Hands-on experience in designing and running user research studies and usability tests; good knowledge of other methods and techniques
- The demonstrated ability to learn and master new domains of expertise
- Optional: experience with web analytics
- As a plus: experience in a b2b / enterprise environment, with a good understanding of the complexity of user research for expert software
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Keen on working within a diverse and international environment
- Passionate about serving the needs of customers and about location-based services
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- A team-player; self-organized, reliant, thinking one step ahead
- Fluent in German and English
- The opportunity to shape an organization in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- An unlimited working contract and a very competitive remuneration
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.