We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That's equivalent to the all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you'll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solutions for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team are made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
In this context we are looking for a UX-Designer (f/m) to collaborate with our Digital Lab in Berlin.
- Play a key role in assessing, researching, prioritizing and creating new UX design systems that works across channels and products
- Lead and participate in user research including usability tests and contextual, qualitative studies to get first-hand experience of how our users think and act
- Own user research across multiple countries, using remote agencies/freelancers
- Work across functional teams to understand the problem and needs of both the business and our users. You can facilitate discussions to define the user journeys through a service from start to finish. You’re able to respectfully challenge assumptions, give feedback, and build consensus
- Min 5 years of experience in research, UX, product management or related discipline
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates process and breadth, and the ability to turn ideas into a compelling solution
- Show us the flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes that became a likeable product
- The ability to explain design rationale in person and in written format, and can present to different levels of the organization
- The ability to quickly shift to the right tools for the problem at hand – storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, and interactive prototyping as necessary
- A high level of empathy
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
It Would Be Great If You Have
- A degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Behavioral Psychology or similar field
- Background / experience in agronomy
- Experience applying behavioral science or design thinking
- International experience
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Keen on working within a diverse and international environment
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- A team-player; self-organized, reliant, thinking one step ahead
- The opportunity to shape an organization in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- An unlimited working contract and a very competitive remuneration
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.