We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Belle Plaine is a world class producer of nitrogen fertilizer and is a member of Yara International ASA. Yara International is a global fertilizer company, with operations in over 50 countries around the world. Yara's dynamic global presence and unique business model allows the company to be an industry shaper. Belle Plaine is located in Saskatchewan, Canada 50 km west of Regina on highway #1.
Reporting to the Quality Control Inspector, the QC Assistant would assist in and support the functions outlined in the Quality Control manual, assist in planning and preparing pressure welding job packages, and administrative tasks.
- Perform visual weld inspection and witness hydro tests as required to fulfill the requirements of code and in-service inspections.
- Assist in applying Yara’s registered QC manual.
- Assist in preparing Quality Control packages for work orders. Specify the correct weld procedure and co-ordinate the required NDE.
- Maintain and updating quality control documentation and aid in documentation control and organization.
- Aid in the co-ordination of corrosion monitoring program.
- Conduct equipment inspections as assigned. This would include performing visual inspections on boilers, pressure vessels, heat exchanges, tanks, and piping.
- Valid CWB I or II certifications, preference for ASME B31.3 endorsement
- CGSB XRF Level 1 would be an asset
- Working knowledge of CSA, API, ASME codes and the Saskatchewan Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act and Regulations
API 510, 570 and 653 certifications are considered assets.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of the applicable codes and regulations pertaining to pres-sure equipment.
- Understanding of quality control/assurance practices and processes.
- A good working relationship with others is essential with solid interpersonal skills.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Sufficient experience in inspection techniques enabling him to detect possible defects and to recommend corrective action.
- Familiar with causes of deterioration and the results of continued deterioration.
- Experience in the design, construction, repair and operation of boilers and pressure vessels.