We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That's equivalent to the all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you'll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solutions for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team are made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
This position is for the atfarm business unit located in Berlin (www.at.farm). atfarm enables farmers and advisors to optimize nitrogen fertilization based on satellite data.
- Build and maintain our data and analytics infrastructure
- Build in-app analytics for internal stakeholders
- Build marketing attribution capabilities for both online and offline marketing
- Integrate multiple data sources to a single source
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for requirements gathering and leverage the most learnings out of our data
- Optimize and improve features or data processes for performance and stability
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer / BI
- Experience developing, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience building data warehouses and ETLs
- Experience with data modeling and building reporting dashboards
- Experience in working with Redshift or similar databases for large scale data storage and retrieval
- Required knowledge: R, Python
- Required tooling knowledge: R Studio / R Server, Matlab (or similar tooling), Tableu (or similar tooling)
- Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organisation, transparency
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- The opportunity to shape an organization in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- An unlimited working contract and a very competitive remuneration
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.