We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara has an ambitious growth agenda and we are currently looking for a distinct professional to strengthen our experienced Strategy and Business Development function, focusing on Corporate and Direct Procurement strategy projects.
The person will work closely with the Corporate and Supply Chain Management team, the different Segments and the local Business Units. The position reports in the business line to the Finance Director for Direct Procurement, and functionally to the Head of Strategy in the Corporate Strategy Team.
The right candidate is a high performing individual with experience in Strategy and Business Development, preferably from top tier management consulting, investment banking or similar roles in industrial companies. We seek a team player with strong business judgment, drive and “can do attitude”. For the right candidate we offer a dynamic environment, senior management exposure, exciting responsibilities and career development opportunities.
- Lead and participate in specific Corporate and Direct Procurement strategy projects and processes.
- Ensure a strong link between Yara’s Corporate strategy and Direct Procurement strategy, and recommendations for strategic decisions.
- Lead Corporate and Direct Procurement projects and processes.
- Support and drive investment decision processes.
- Prepare recommendation materials and presentations towards Yara management.
- Contribute in the continuous development of the Corporate and Segment M&A processes and approach.
- Higher university degree (Master level or equivalent).
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in relevant roles (e.g. management consulting, project management, M&A, corporate finance).
- Excellent academic and professional performance.
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to think holistically to “see the big picture.”
- Ability to work independently and in teams – and connecting with all levels of the organization.
- Clear leadership attitude, strong business judgment, strategic mindset, drive and “can do attitude.”
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to challenge established practices and processes when required.
- Positive to work and travel in an international and high paced environment.
Yara’s Strategy and Business Development team is functionally responsible for Yara’s corporate strategy work, M&A activity, early phase new-build projects, Corporate Development, including Yara’s Corporate Improvement Program, Corporate Affairs, and central Forecasting and Market Intelligence. The team works on a range of topics, reports to the CEO, and works closely with the company’s higher management levels.
Direct Procurement in Yara Supply Chain is responsible for procurement of energy and raw materials for our production system, as well as finished products for Crop Nutrition and Industrial. These purchases are strategic and crucial to our in market profit generation, scale and competitive advantage, with a spend base of 6-7 BUSD yearly.
Yara Supply Chain has set ambitious targets of delivering savings of 300 million USD by 2020. Direct Procurement is well on track contributing towards the target by delivering 70 million USD already by 2017. Many teams are contributing, and cross-segment and BU collaboration has been instrumental to reach savings in key categories such as potash, phosphates, energy, urea, and ammonia.
Yara’s global business requires cultural awareness and understanding. The company supports diversity in gender, cultural and ethnic background. These positions give possibilities for challenging tasks and international development opportunities. If you would like to work in a global business environment we look forward to receiving your application.