We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Information technology across Yara has embarked on a transformation journey. IT will enable Yara’s growth and digital ambitions, we will improve the way IT and business work together, we will develop a faster and more nimble IT, and we will install pride inside IT. As our CIO puts it, the intent is to change the tone of the conversation held about IT at the coffee corner. When that happens, we will have reached our ambition.
As the Director, CIO Corporate and Expert Functions, you will have a key role in the new IT organization. You will be accountable for the portfolio of applications owned by corporate and expert functions (e.g. Finance, HR). This covers the definition of the roadmap, its delivery, including maintenance and operations. As a Delivery Unit CIO, you will be the key interface between the operating units in Yara and IT.
- Be a strategic advisor and collaborator to the relevant operating units, and help drive how IT will create value for those units.
- Lead a group of cross-functional application teams in delivering that value and meeting the needs of the operating unit.
- Hold an overview over the strategic IT-agenda for the operating unit, and work to achieve a balanced portfolio of development and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized 18-24 month roadmap.
- Ensure long-term sustainability of IT overall within Yara.
- Co-operate with the rest of the IT organization (infrastructure, architecture) to help deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Accountable for delivery towards the roadmap, including that the delivery unit is set up with right competence & capacity to deliver the roadmap efficiently and effectively.
- Drive a leadership agenda to empower your team within one’s unit, and for driving employee pride and motivation.
- Manage the budget for the unit.
- Maintain integrity of shared technology platforms and ensure coordination with other delivery units for relevant platforms.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in IT and business/industry, four or more years in diverse roles and increasing responsibilities across business, IT or projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships and engaging business executives and other stakeholders and experience across the full project life cycle, from initiative identification through completion.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, relevant segment-specific knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to capture and explain goals and objectives to business as well as technical leadership.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Highly empathetic and able to apply different engagement styles to match the needs of a variety of business stakeholder.
We are on a journey to change the way Yara looks at and works with IT. This is a unique chance for you to be a part of this journey and actively shape and form the future of Yara and Yara IT. The CIO, Corporate and Expert Functions will report to the CIO and will be based in Brussels or Oslo.