We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Industrial Nitrates Business Unit sells more than 400.000 tons of nitrate based products and associated services to a large variety of industrial segments worldwide. Yara is the world’s largest manufacturer of calcium nitrate and the Business Unit is a core part of Yara’s value added offering through tailor made solutions combining calcium nitrate, technology, services and knowledge to industrial customers.
Within Industrial Nitrates in the Nordic region we have a Water and Effluent sales team that offers a wide range of products for different water treatment applications. Different products include nutrients for biological waste water treatment, i.e. Urea, Aqueous Ammonia and Phosphoric acid. Polymers for water or sludge separation processes, or for optimization of an industrial process are another example. Other products in the portfolio are heavy metal binders to capture heavy metals from effluent water within metallurgic or waste industry, ActiCarb (micronized marble) for corrosion protection of pipelines in potable water applications and PetroCare (nitrate based products) for the offshore industry to prevent souring of oil wells.
This Technical Sales Manager position will be responsible for technical sales and commercial development of our polymer (polyacrylamides) and heavy metal binder business within the Norwegian market. This position is an unique opportunity for someone seeking professional development combining commercial and technical sales.
- Sales responsibility for own polymer sales within Norway and implementing a commercial strategy to grow the profitability and volumes of these product lines.
- Manage own customer portfolio and develop new accounts.
- Manage and stay in contact with relevant vendors.
- The position will focus on continue implementing and embedding the Sales Excellence program as the way of working.
- Ensure strict fulfillment of Yara Ethics & Compliance, Code of Conduct and safety rules with strong focus on safety.
- BSc or higher in engineering, chemistry, waste water treatment or other relevant field.
- Proficiency written and spoken in Norwegian or other Scandinavian language, English fluency.
- At least 3 years of successful technical sales experience; knowledge of marketing;proven sales and negotiation skills.
- Ideally some prior experience or knowledge of the waste water treatment or water chemicals market.
- Curious, creative, willing to learn more and to develop the business and the sales.
- Proactive, high energy and result oriented.
- Willingness to travel to existing and new customers within Norway.
The positon will be based either in Oslo or in Porsgrunn. The Technical Sales Manager will report to the Sales Manager Water and Effluent Nordics.