We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of fertilizers and plant nutrition solutions. Our mission is to feed the world a responsible and sustainable way.
Digital Farming is a newly established global unit created in Yara Crop Nutrition with locations in Europe, Brazil, Singapore, and North America, building new digital business models and identifying new digital products, enhance customer interaction and achieve digitally enabled functional excellence, with the aspiration to shape Yara as the digital leader in crop nutrition.
We build solutions for farmers, construct hardware and sensors, crunch satellite data, apply artificial intelligence, and turn research results into solutions. Our teams is made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners.
Smallholder Market Digital Solutions
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally with at least 2 billion people depending on them for their livelihoods. In many of these segments, agricultural productivity is up to 10 times less than developed markets.
The smallholder focused solutions teams have the exciting challenge to develop digital solutions with the focus on increasing productivity through optimal crop nutrition and knowledge transfer.
Yara Thailand was established to increase the productivity of Thai farmers by strengthening the quality and depth of inputs and related services throughout the agricultural value chain.
End-to-end responsibility for orchestrating the operational requirements of the Solution Team.
- User Research: Coordinate all aspects of the User Research cycle, including identifying target users for interviews and testing.
- Roll-out: Once MVP is reached, manage the entire planning process to ensure effective piloting and implementation.
- Commercialization: contribute to the definition of commercial models and launch the solution in the market, securing speed and scale in commercialization. Support the markets in defining local implementation and commercial plans, and bring in synergies across countries.
- Continuous improvement: Besides roll-out and commercialization, continually coordinate the incremental improvements of the solution in an agile manner
- Identify opportunities in the market for the digital solution, and initiate development to capture those
Education, Experience and Language Skills:
- University degree in a relevant academic discipline
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a digital/technology focused industry, including P&L and / or marketing & sales experience preferably in an emerging market
- Management experience / leadership role
- Strong track record of drive and achieving
- Experience working in a fast-paced, digital, agile environment
- Passion to make a difference through connecting with millions of smallholder farmers. Understanding of low LSM users, agriculture and mobile technologies is highly advantageous.
- People leadership skills, ability to build trust and shape relationships with business and functional partners
- International experience advantageous (e.g., living / working in foreign country, working in highly international and cross-cultural environment) preferred
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English & Thai.
The Digital Project Manager – Yara Thailand is primarily responsible for leading - end-to-end the operational coordination of the scoping, localization, piloting, launch and roll-out of smallholder farmer focused digital solutions in Thailand. This includes orchestrating all activities from user research to large-scale commercial rollout.
The role will work closely with a cross-functional team of a dedicated solution team from different fields in digital technology, commercialization, development, data science, and user experience design.
The Digital Project Manager - Thailand reports to the Digital Hub Asia (Singapore) during the development phase of the solution development with a dotted line to the local organization in Thailand. From solution rollout onward, the role will be fully integrated into the local commercial organization with a dotted line to the Singapore Hub.
He/she is the line manager of one direct reports dedicated to the user research and design of the solution.
Outside of Digital Farming, the collaboration with the country commercial team, central teams and the BU is essential to drive local implementation and ensure alignment throughout.
Line responsibility for directly reporting team, day-to-day responsibility for assigned experts from other functions
Core: Business Unit Asia, Yara Thailand, Smallholder Market Solution team(s), Digital Farming, Digital Factory, BU and Market leadership teams related to the solution
Further: Crop Nutrition R&D, Corporate Innovation, Crop Nutrition BUs, Markets